January 03, 2013 - 1:22 PM
Registrants who complete their registration by January 14 will be eligible for a drawing for a i-Pad mini to be given away at the conference in Baton Rouge. In other news...
Doug Hiemstra, President & CEO World Media Enterprises will be a featured speaker at the 2013 SCAMA Conference. As you know, Berkshire-Hathaway has bet on local newspapers for the future with their purchase of MediaGeneral's print properties in addition to the Omaha World-Herald.
The Society of Classified Advertising Managers Association is in Baton Rouge for its February conference in 2013. The dates are February 7-9, 2013.
SCAMA is recognized as a premier group of newspaper and digital executives who come together to share best practices, money/profit-making ideas, and information from leading vendors to the industry. Not just "feel-good" news, but actionable ideas that can translate into a more successful operation. Go here for a form to submit a question to be addressed in the Q & A session.
As attendees have come to expect:
New for 2013:
- Solutions for Today's Operations: Bring your problems, challenges and stumbling blocks. Get advice from some of the most successful operations in the business.
- Idea Sharing Marathon. Bring your winning ideas and go home with dozens more. Better yet, click this link to send SCAMA president Venette Perry and send your pdfs, fact sheets and revenue generating ideas in advance.
- Networking with key industry vendors. A chance to hear about ideas that can generate valuable sales and profits from SCAMA's Vendor Partners. Plans are underway for a Vendor Carnival on Friday. Vendors will have the undivided attention of attendees with targeted time on Friday, Feb. 8. Attendees will also vote on vendor's presentations and booth displays. Prizes to be given!!!
- Thursday evening to Saturday noon format
- Thursday evening group dinner at Baton Rouge City Club
- Stay Saturday and enjoy Louisiana Mardi Gras, Baton Rouge-style with a parade
How to Register
SCAMA is committed to offering real value. Conference registration includes 2013 Dues to SCAMA and, as they were in 2012, are just $150. Hotel Rooms at the Baton Rouge Hilton are only $129 single/double.
To register: Go Here For Registration Complete the form and submit, then mail Yourcheck or indicate you will pay with credit card and SCAMA will send you an link for credit card payment.
For hotel reservations : Click HERE Room block at these rates will fill up fast, so we urge your registration with the hotel as soon as possible.
Thanks to our sponsors